What Are Popular Ways to Remodel Your Bathroom?
Aside from hiring a remodeling company, there are other popular ways that you can try if you want to give your bathroom a total makeover. Would you like to know more about these ways? If so, then keep on reading!
5 Ways to Remodel Your Bathroom
1. Demolish or Remove Fixtures in Your Bathroom
Whether you are completely or partially remodeling your bathroom the first thing that you need to do is remove all the fixtures and drywall that you want to replace. This job is actually easy, however, you need to be extra careful to avoid mistakes during the demolition. To ensure that no major mistakes will be made, the following are some of the tips that you need to consider:
- To avoid unnecessary spills, make sure to drain and remove the toilet before anything else.
- For bathtub removal, you need to cover the tub and begin to remove the tile down to studs.
- When cutting panels don’t use a hammer, instead utilize a reciprocating saw.
- Lastly, remove floor tiles, vanities, mirrors, and cabinets. By the way, if you want to remove the flooring make sure to remove the baseboards sand you install them later.
2. Add Plants Inside Your Bathroom for Living Colors
Plants in bathrooms shouldn’t be a reconsideration. As a matter of fact, they can bring enough color into a sterile bathroom. That being said, when remodeling, consider adding floating shelves for the purpose of providing your plants a cozy place.
3. Adjust the size of your bathroom using colors
Do you want to make your small bathroom look larger? If yes, then make sure that your color palette will stay in the light color or white spectrum. Keep in mind that dark colors will make your bathroom smaller.
When remodeling your bathroom, make sure that you think twice about painting the ceiling of your bathroom using any color.
4. Paint wooden floor
Does your bathroom have wooden flooring? If so, you can actually rip it out and change it using floors that are more moisture-hardy. But if you want to save time and money, you can keep your wooden floor but make sure to paint it using protective enamels.
5. Use Mirrors
If you want your bathroom to look more spacious and feel lighter, consider installing mirrors designed for a bathroom when remodeling. In fact, it is very effective, most especially when you do it on one whole wall.
There you have it the five ways that you can follow if you are looking forward to remodeling your bathroom. We hope that this article has helped you a lot.